First Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1921, and built in 1922. Due to its historical relevance to the community as the first black church in Liberty Indiana - in 1997 it was deeded to the Union County Historical Society.
Maggie and Gillie Gibson's home sits directly to the right of First Missionary Baptist Church. Maggie and Gillie helped to build, and maintain the church. Maggie and Omega Sawyer were responsible for having the church deeded to the Union County Historical Society in 1997.